Let's get philosophical and resolutional!!


A LOT has happened since my last post (August)…and in the last post I vowed it to mark the end of a four-month hiatus. Regretfully, it wasn't. Not a single post followed, apart from a post with no content which I must have published accidentally. 

Surprisingly...I didn't get any backlash for not posting for a good five months...not even from my mum. But even despite that, I'm going to pretend that the world is a better place with my blogging and start again. And what better time to begin than January 1, 2014. I'm getting philosophical about the year ahead and will state my resolutions. 

The beginning of a year is when almost everyone vows to give up one thing or another or improve their lifestyles. The most common resolutions involve giving up cigarettes, alcohol, chocolate and taking up healthy habits such as exercise. 

As I don't smoke at all, or drink excessively, my resolutions are focused upon bettering myself and developing amazing holistic habits that'll make me nothing short of the Dalai Lama. No, not really. My goals for the year are far too self absorbed...plus I don't have any qualms when it comes to killing ants and eating meat. 

So what I'm trying to do is create good habits that during my adult years have fallen to the wayside for a number of reasons, including procrastination, ADHD-like tendencies where I’ve wanted to do a million things at once at any given time. In the past I've become so overwhelmed with all the wonderful things I could do in my spare time that I’ve instead wound up watching a dozen Sex & the City episodes and haven't achieved anything. 

But…just like all the other people out there - some of which last night probably said "this is my last drink for 12 months....oh, except for Christmas, oh and Easter, oh...can I drink when I play golf?" or "I'm never smoking again!!! ...oh except when I drink" or the people I'll have to fight for treadmills at the gym tomorrow - this year will be different. Here are my 14 resolutions for 2014. 

I will:

1. Write a blog once a week and improve my number of subscribers (it currently it sits at two…and that is because someone has accidentally subscribed twice with different usernames - but I am very appreciative for the double love from the subscriber! I'm thinking there is an issue with my page making it difficult for people to subscribe - so part of this resolution is to rectify it!!)
2. FINISH MY TRAVEL NOVEL and start my second novel (this has made a cameo in each of my New Year’s Resolution lists since 2010)
3. Become a fighting fit 60KGs…I want a chiseled back and everything!!!
4. Improve my piano playing and learn how to decipher the key of music scores (getting rid of my current habit - looking at the score, scratching my head for a while, then googling the answer).
5. Pick up the guitar at least twice a week and if really creative, write a few songs. 
6. Compete in Bridge to Brisbane and get under an hour. 
7. Work towards a healthy looking savings account. 
8. Avoid social media and TV in the evenings from 9pm (tonight doesn't count). 
9. Read one novel / play each fortnight.
10. Participate in one to two dance classes each week. 
11. Be efficient and organised. 
12. Be wise when it comes to dating...my older brother has also stated that I'm not allowed to date his friends (it's only happened once!)
13. Perform a stand up comedy routine. 
14. Surf! 

Another resolution should be to be more succinct in my posts....Nah that'll be for 2015. 

Catch you next week! 


Comments

  1. She's back! yay! MG(subscriber no.3)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get CLASSICAL!!!

Let's get...theoretical!

musical...happy Valentine's Day...